Friday, September 4, 2009

09/04/2009

So I've missed a large chunk of time on this blog due to a faulty power cord for my 3 year old Macbook. I have recently acquired a new one, so I'm back!

Let's just skip the past week and move forward shall we?

Yesterday, woke up at 2pm because I had stayed up until 5am. I am now onto day 4 of no booze September, and the insomnia is murder. Pot and melatonin with Topo Chico have become my new vices.

So I woke up at 2, made some coffee, did the dishes, and made "breakfast". Two fried egg sandwiches with bacon and chedddar cheese on wheat bread. Delicious. I headed off to work at 4. Had to make doughnut bread pudding and espresso creme anglaise. Luckily, Rickey had done alot of the salad line prep before I got there. Chef was busy toying with the new steak recipe for the fall menu which we ran as a special last night. Filet au Poivre with sweet potato gratin. It was great and we sold out of specials in 30 minutes. Rickey made a a pizza. Pepperoni, mushroom, and jalapeno. I ate a slice or two, pepperonis picked off, doused in sriracha. At one point, the dumbest server there rang in a Spanish pie, but meant to ring in a spinach and goat cheese pizza.

She has made this mistake like 5 times in the past..... always in the full swing of service.

The awesome thing is, is when servers fuck up like that, we get to eat the fuck-up. Not saying more pizza is a good thing, just that the offending server has to watch us eat their mistake.

So I had a slice of Spanish Pie. We were busy! 4 hours flew by as we cranked out orders. Got a ride home from Mondo, got stoned with Lisa, and watched Election. I had never seen it. It was pretty dumb, but somewhat clever. Lisa went to bed and I stayed up watching Katt Williams stand up movie 'American Hustle'. Most of it was pretty funny.

Then I got hungry around 2am. Lisa had made dinner. Bison meatloaf with rosemary potatoes and sauteed spinach. I heated it up and gnoshed on that. Not bad slop Lisa!

Laid down about 3:30am, fell asleep maybe 30 minutes later. Had fucked up dreams (thank you very much melatonin), and woke up a little after noon, groggy as hell (again, melatonin). The no hangover is a nice change of pace I must say, but I am SPACED OUT! I am sure this will pass in a few days.

Current time is 1:30pm, work at 3:00.

So what do I eat for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment