Wednesday, August 26, 2009

08/25-26

When we left off last, I was pissed on vodka, and dipping string cheese wrapped in slices of capicola in pesto and devouring them. They were delicious. I promptly passed out and woke up around 10:30am. I had a Dr. Pepper and eventually became a semi-functioning human. I did some laundry, went to the apartment office to get a gate keycard and complain about our toilet that had not been fixed yet, and spent way too much time on Facebook. I had thought about making a sandwich before riding my bike to work, but decided against it. I needed to get out of the house.

I shat, showered, and shaved. I knicked my shoulder whilst doing a little 'manscaping'. Got my shit together and rode to Blockbuster first to drop off movies, and then went to Qdoba for some tacos. Qdoba is a lot like Chipotle, but i think it's owned by Jack in the Box instead of McDonalds. I had 3 chicken soft tacos with pico de gallo, red sauce, and lots of cheese and another Dr. Pepper.

I then rode, belly full of tacos, in the hot, hot August sun, to first 7-11 for a Red Bull and a SmartWater, then to work. I was an hour and a half early. FML.

I sat around reading a dictionary of culinary terms we have in the kitchen until it was time to change into my checks. I mainly worked pizza station/oven, so I pulled dough, made pita, and not much else. The pizza meez was pretty full thanks to a super slow Monday. We got hit with happy hour crowd. The entire restaurant was packed with older ladies. No talent show at all. Woof.

It wasn't until around 7:30pm that I finally got around to making the staff pie. I had decided upon pulling one from the oven earlier, that I was going to make a Spanish Pie. It consists of chipotle-cumin pizza sauce, moz, sliced red onion, sliced chorizo, and manchego cheese. It is then cooked, then topped with cilantro, and shredded parmesan. It's my favorite in our menu. I had two slices washed down with DP.

My stomach was bothering me all night, I'm sure to the excess booze I have been consuming as of late. September is going to be booze free for the Wallis-Thomas household. There will be blood.

Having said that, it's still August, so after a server, the hostess, and the manager on duty ordered food at 9 fucking 30, i decided I was going out. I met my chef and his gf at Sarah's place, and called Lisa to join. My chef's girl works with an old friend of mine who is as wonderfully disgusting on the same level as me. She regaled us with the story of how she drank a handle of rum and went to see Marilyn Manson, peed in a urinal, then on the floor, vomited into her cleavage, then went to the after-party. Lovely gal. We all drank, smoked, and talked about, farts, queefs, and Rick.

We closed it down, I put my bike on Lisa's car, and we went home.

Then we got in a stupid, huge, drunk fight.

I will spare Lisa, myself, and my audience the details on that one. I did wake up on the couch hungover and remorseful around 11:30am.

It's now 1:40pm. Work at 3pm. I'm drinking some of my new favorite cheap red, La Vielle Ferme Cote du Ventoux and I just finished eating the lovely dinner plate my lovely gal made for me last night. It was a bone in pork chop, roasted asparagus, Pepin potatoes, and garlicky sauteed mushrooms. All very delicious. The girl can cook sometimes (jk Liser).

I supposed I should think about showering and going to work as it is almost 2.

Ugh. the thought of pizza for dinner makes me want to cry.







Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment