Thursday, August 20, 2009

08/20/2009

When I left off earlier today, I had just finished eating leftover meat and taters. It was a small portion, so an hour later (as well as a glass of wine or two), I was hungry again. We had leftover cheese tray from the cookout on Tuesday, so I snacked on that, along with cured meats, and the bread i made.

Slammed a vodka cranberry and went to work. Got a Red Bull on the way.

Had to hit the ground running at work. Had to pull dough, put together cheeseboards, make creme anglaise, set up and stock my mise en place, etc. About 5:30, Enrique asks me if I'm hungry. I said "I guess I could eat something."

"What do you want?"

"Not fucking pizza." I replied.

He grinned, and then tickets started coming in, so our pie got put on the backburner.

Jake, my boss and chef stepped in and rolled out a pie with bechamel (yuck), mushroom (ok, yeah, even though I don't get shitakes on pizza), and pepperoni (BAAARRRRRRFFFFF!). I had one slice.

I grazed as usual, but very little. Maybe two kalamata olives, a dried apricot, and bits of cheeses.

Needless to say I was hungry when I got home. Luckily, Lisa made pot stickers (steamed) filled with shrimp, pork, ginger, bamboo, garlic, carrot, celery, cilantro, and garlic. She also made some rice dish, but I was not in the mood for rice, so I skipped it.


But man! My gurl can make sum dim sum!!

Finishing off the night with refreshing vodka cocktail.

Haircut tomorrow before a long day in the kitchen. Thinking sushi tomorrow......


Ciao!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Did Lisa make those pot stickers from scratch? If so, I'm way impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed she did! her dumplings rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do alright in the kitchen but any recipe that involves making little containers that need to be stuffed just seems so overwhelming to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still remember when you where making a quiche type thing of some sort with a shredded potato crust and it fell on to the carpeted floor (dumb idea) of the Prescott house. You were soooooo devastated, and I felt so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I burst into tears and it ruined my day! I never attempted home made crust ever again. I remember making a ton of soups that winter. I loved feeding you and Jason and Ace.

    ReplyDelete